LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-26-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Maintenance minder setup. How it works

I bought recently a 2015 Acura TLX sh Awd advanced

The oil had been changed and reset to 100% by the seller . Now it shows 80%.

In the messages box I found an A12 service overdue. It doesn't flash or something. Just in the box

I deleted it. The oil still shows 80% as it should. My question is how this MM works. Is the message , just a message or it will reset the count.

I am new to this and since I am out of warranty I do not want necessarily to go to a dealer to do the maintenance and need to understand how it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-26-2019, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danc View Post

In the messages box I found an A12 service overdue. It doesn't flash or something. Just in the box

I deleted it. The oil still shows 80% as it should. My question is how this MM works. Is the message , just a message or it will reset the count.

I am new to this and since I am out of warranty I do not want necessarily to go to a dealer to do the maintenance and need to understand how it works.
I believe the message should go away once you've read it. The "A" is for oil change, the "1" is for rotate the tires. The "2" is for replacing the air filter and pollen filter. Perhaps you still need to rotate the tires and replace the filters? Is it just the Acura link message or do you also get the dashboard maintenance light come on when you start the car?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 TLX 2.4L w/Tech, Bellanova White Pearl
Previously - 2015 TLX 2.4L w/Tech, Basque Red Pearl II
post #3 of 3 Old 05-27-2019, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
I think you are confusing the AcuraLink messages with the Maintenance Minder. It sounds like you found the AcuraLink message about the A12 being overdue and you deleted it. Think of AcuraLink messages as emails.

Now you are still noticing the oil life showing up as 80% on the maintenance minder. You should be able to reset the maintenance minder from the scroll wheel on your steering wheel. I donít recall the steps to do so, but it is in the ownerís manual as well as on a post on this site if Iím not mistaken.

2015 TLX 2.4 Tech - Graphite Luster Metallic w/Ebony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page