• 1 Post By Icculus

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-03-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bodacious snow handling

My TLX (AWD) has recently seen its first few significant snowfalls, and itís really fantastic. Itís been no problem going up or down my decently sloped driveway which a friends Q7 couldnít even handle, and a breeze on snow covered roads. Non problem taking turns, starting from a stop, etc. The biggest surprise is some oversteer when enough power is applied, which Iíve never experienced in a FWD-based car.

Maybe Iím just not used to more advance awd systems, or maybe itís the tires, but Iíd def give it an A+ for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Garage
Yes, I agree. It's actually fun looking for deep snow or icy obstacles to see if my TLX AWD can make it through. So far, it has done great!

2015 Acura TLX w/Advance
ASE Master Tech
CSI Vehicle Forensics
post #3 of 5 Old 04-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Jim

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just be careful, sheís a heavy girl. Iíve experienced some understeer even when power is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old Today, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
My TLX (AWD) has recently seen its first few significant snowfalls, and itís really fantastic. Itís been no problem going up or down my decently sloped driveway which a friends Q7 couldnít even handle, and a breeze on snow covered roads. Non problem taking turns, starting from a stop, etc. The biggest surprise is some oversteer when enough power is applied, which Iíve never experienced in a FWD-based car.

Maybe Iím just not used to more advance awd systems, or maybe itís the tires, but Iíd def give it an A+ for now.
The SH-AWD can kick torque to the rear when need be - I've fiddled with it on turns on dry roads, and you can feel it shifting torque (when adding a bit of throttle) to the outside wheels to help carve through turns. Maybe that's some of what you're experiencing, albeit in snow.

What kind of tires are your running with? Winter tires, or all-season?
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybaer View Post
The SH-AWD can kick torque to the rear when need be - I've fiddled with it on turns on dry roads, and you can feel it shifting torque (when adding a bit of throttle) to the outside wheels to help carve through turns. Maybe that's some of what you're experiencing, albeit in snow.

What kind of tires are your running with? Winter tires, or all-season?
No doubt the SHAWD kicks out the rear end in the snow, and I agree that you can really feel it when you power through corners. The first time I test drove the car I was shocked at the difference between braking through a turn and accelerating through a turn. It's intuitive to slow down through a turn, but to take advantage of the SHAWD you need to brake before and then accelerate through the turn.
luckybaer likes this.

2015 TLX 3.5 SH-AWD Fathom Blue/Graystone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page