Acura TLX Forum banner

Coming from the Accord

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  datechboss101 
#1 ·
I am looking around for a new car for college next year, and I have been mostly around a 6th gen accord since birth and a 3rd gen Odyssey. I been in a few TL's and haven't been in a TLX yet, but however, I did my research (BMW 3-series, BMW M3, Mercedes Benz C-class, Nissan Maxima, Acura TLX, and Honda Accord), in which I really liked what the TLX offered and I am considering to make the jump to the TLX, more likely to the 2018 version. I was wondering what are the differences between the TLX and the Accord, and the competition?

#3 ·
I see 3 major key differences between fully loaded TLX & fully loaded Accord

1. Audio system. (ELS has 10 speakers, approx. 450 watt power, very crisp high & mid tones)
2. SH-AWD (useful if your area gets lots of snow, and good to have even if you don't drive in snow)
3. Cabin quietness (TLX is very quiet inside.)

Have you test driven all of models you've mentioned? It's best to test drive them all, as brochures can only tell so much. I'm guessing some of models you've mentioned include used cars (as new car price differences would be huge between M3 and accord..), so test drive for sure and decide.

#5 ·
I am going to do my test drives during the summer, since that's when I will have more free time to go to dealers. I am not looking at used cars, otherwise I would have stayed with my 6th gen, but living in Florida, 150 HP just isn't enough for me now. I might consider the SH-AWD if I get a deal with the tech package, as this would be a 3rd Honda in the family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.