Acura TLX Forum banner

What did you discover about your TLX today?

247K views 547 replies 117 participants last post by  Kevinmac 
#1 · (Edited)
The more time I spend with this car the more I love it and it's not just the fact that it's a technological marvel but also the little things that I notice and and find very useful and have never had in any of my previous cars.

I just noticed these little hooks on the B pillars that serve the purpose of hanging a jacket. Isn't it awesome?

I don't have to throw my jacket on the backseat anymore and let my dogs dance on it :)

Attachments

See less See more
#449 ·
Discovered that while in accessory mode... you can not lock the car. I wanted to see if I left the car (with the key fob) if locking the car would turn off the car and lock it.. it would not. Drives me nuts if in accessory mode you have to "go through" ON mode then to off. Kinda which if there was something like holding the stop/start button while in accessory mode it would just turn everything off. Also which there was a way when turning the car off to get into accessory mode directly and avoid the full power off first.

#450 ·
I discovered that the remote start automatically turns on the driver's seat heater (in cold weather of course!). I never noticed that on my 2015 TLX. Wonder if it's new functionality with the 2018's?

#451 ·
Not only it turns on the heated seats but the heated steering wheel too and of course the automatic climate control. I have all this in my 2015 TLX SH-AWD V6 Elite.

Reactions: hmbecker3
#455 · (Edited)
Is the heated steering wheel only featured on the Canadian models? I've got the 4 cyl DCT model with Tech package and can't recall if the heated steering wheel comes on the Advance pkg here in the US.
I just checked and for the 2018 Model Year, the heated steering wheel is available on the advance trim even on the 4 cylinder.

Edit: So the heated steering wheel is only available on the advance package on the V6 models.

#460 ·
I can't wait to see what the next generation TLX with the precision cockpit will look like. The RDX looks so good, I might get it next...

#470 ·
There is a way to set the climate controls so that moving one toggle switch up or down will change both sides to the same temperature setting.
My wife managed to get it into that mode somehow, so now I've got to look through the %$#&* manual to figure out how to undo it.

#480 ·
I had some disappointment with the car initially, thought it should have more "pep". However, I found that issue is easily fixed: simply turn off traction control.

Might be a small thing, and easy to do, but, it warrants it's own thread, so, I'll go make one...

#489 · (Edited)
seriously. I've barely drove the aspec since i picked it up. it still has new car smell lol. my brother and I got my mom a 2015 lexus nx200T lease and it's going back in november, alotted kms are 80,000km but the thing has 20,000 so i've been driving that to make up the kms. meanwhile the tlx is sitting in the garage, nice and clean, not being winter driven lol i only drove it to go skiing and that was purely because i just wanted to drive it.

#485 ·
While stuck in traffic with the "hold brake" on, I unbuckle my seat belt to reach for something and wtf, the car automatically put in park even though my gear shifter is in "D." Freaked out for a bit as I wonder how to turn it off, I either have to move the shifter to P or put back the seat belt on. Thought it's a cool safety feature.

#486 ·
Yes when the auto-idle the engine off, if your seat belt is not fastened it can't be sure the driver can control the car... so parking break is set and transmission goes into Park. This can also happen if you car is running and your seat belt is not fastened and you open the drivers door.

In either case to get it back into drive... place foot on brake and press Drive. The parking brake will release (or you can release it manually) once you start to drive.

#487 ·
Do you know what really crazy, is if the passenger door is opened the car will continue to drive with no error or warning. Take off the drivers seat belt and open the drivers door and all **** breaks loose. Open the passenger door, nothing, seat belt or no seat belt, nope nothing. Engineering failure.

#491 ·
Take off the drivers seat belt and open the drivers door and all **** breaks loose. Open the passenger door, nothing, seat belt or no seat belt, nope nothing. Engineering failure.
Probably no reason to have anything for the passenger because they probably won't have the key when someone else is the driver. If the passenger opens the door the driver is in the driver's seat, or getting out at the same time as the passenger when the engine is off. I doubt they've had any issues with this otherwise it would have been addressed in the years the TLX has been around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.