• 2 Post By Gonzo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-04-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Did I get a good deal on my 2019 TLX?

New TLX owner, coming from an F30 328i...

2019 base TLX

I hammered out a pretty good lease deal on it - would love to hear if my fellow TLX forum members think so too:
- $1,751 for tax, title & tag) down (includes 1st month payment)
- $305/month all-in
- 3 years/12k miles a year

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-06-2019, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It is hard to tell without knowing how much tax/tag/title were and how much you paid towards cap cost reduction. However, just on the face of it, it seems like you did get a great deal. I just picked up a 19 w/Tech with $1k down and first month payment for $374 including 9% taxes. Sale price was $29,488 and about $1250 in fees (acquisition fees, tags, title).
Beached likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-06-2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sounds like you got a great deal, as well!

Mine was $1,751 out of pocket (covered tax, title, tags, dealer fees etc.) and $305/m.

Drive it well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesaR View Post
It is hard to tell without knowing how much tax/tag/title were and how much you paid towards cap cost reduction. However, just on the face of it, it seems like you did get a great deal. I just picked up a 19 w/Tech with $1k down and first month payment for $374 including 9% taxes. Sale price was $29,488 and about $1250 in fees (acquisition fees, tags, title).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-06-2019, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
To me, a lease is never a good deal. You paying for something you'll never own. Then after 3 years, you have no car and will do the same process again. But $300 a month to drive an Acura is good no matter how you look at it.
Gonzo, hmbecker3 and Beached like this.

2019 TLX I4 A-Spec.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-06-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
We shall agree to disagree my friend. Leased cars for nearly 10 years and only replaced 2 tires, wipers and oil changes in that time, no other maintenance, repairs or any of that hassle. Plus it’s tax friendly for my business ��
post #6 of 9 Old 03-28-2019, 10:51 AM

Garage
I agree with "Beached". This is my first ever lease. I was anxious about it because I drive a lot of miles. Because Acura/Honda vehicles last forever when well maintained, my plan is to buy the vehicle, which will be $19,000 plus some $500 fee. Meanwhile, wipers, oil & filter changes, air and cabin filters, potentially brakes and anything else the vehicle will need is covered. I'm averaging about 20,000 miles/yr with a lease agreement that allows 15,000. I also will have the opportunity for the dealer to eradicate the various vibrations that are already occurring in my new TLX when I crank Cardi B or other heavy bass oriented music. I didn't realize that my used 2015 TLX (same config.) was the first model year, which I always avoid, and then on top of that I got a warning about the ATF warmer failing which then requires an transmission and/or engine replacement. Honestly, I feel like I'm ahead of the game.
Beached likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-28-2019, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillingTLX View Post
To me, a lease is never a good deal. You paying for something you'll never own. Then after 3 years, you have no car and will do the same process again. But $300 a month to drive an Acura is good no matter how you look at it.
Agree.... leases were first invented for companies to "rent" a car for tax benefit purposes. The first 5 years of ownership is maintenance which is very low cost so rent or lease maintenance is not much.

One thing a lease is good for those that want a new car every 3years.... for me I keep them for 10+ years so I didn't lease. If you want to purchase the car after the lease is over... that I never understood... you loose big time.

To each their own.
Beached and luckybaer like this.

2015 TLX V6 SH-AWD Advance Graphite
post #8 of 9 Old 03-30-2019, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I’ll never understand leasing either. Lower payments, sure. But no equity. It’s liking telling me renting an apartment is better than buying a condo/house. Everybody knows that in the long run, this is not true.

2018 TLX ASpec Red in Still Night Pearl
post #9 of 9 Old 04-17-2019, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached View Post
New TLX owner, coming from an F30 328i...

2019 base TLX

I hammered out a pretty good lease deal on it - would love to hear if my fellow TLX forum members think so too:
- $1,751 for tax, title & tag) down (includes 1st month payment)
- $305/month all-in
- 3 years/12k miles a year

Cheers!
My dealer really wanted me to lease, and Acura's incentives for leasing were pretty aggressive relative to financing to own. I asked the Rep why the emphasis on leasing, and he said Acura thinks it creates more "touch points" with customers. I guess a lease sort of ties you to the dealership more than simply purchasing. He used the example of at the end of the lease, the customer has to come back, and it gives them an opportunity to either buy the car coming off lease or getting into another Acura.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page