Acura TLX Forum banner

Comments: 2015 Acura TLX Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls

112K views 278 replies 53 participants last post by  HAx5 
#1 ·
#84 · (Edited)
Tsb j-22-14

Had my TLX in yesterday to get my winter tires replaced with summer tires (Hourra) at my dealer. At the same time I ask the service manager to have a look at my left hand side Blind Spot detector as it kept coming on for no apparent reason other than going by lamp posts or safety rail...!
Picked the car tonight and inquired if they had found any issue with thw sensor and she said yes. The fix was in TBS J-22-14 which is an update for the dashboard, PCM reinitialization and idle learning procedure (sorry I am trying to translate this from French as best as I can).

Leaving the garage I can say that the BSD issue seems to be fixed and I also noticed that the auto engine shutoff would not engage as it would have before with the old software (outside temp was just a few degrees above freezing) I sure hope they put a temperature threshold of several degrees above freezing before the auto shut off engages. It was extremely annoying to have the engine shut off at at a red light for only 5 sec to restart because the outside temp was at -20.

I have not notice anything else so far but it was just a short drive from the dealer back home. I'll keep you posted if I noticed anything else in the short term.

;)

#85 ·
Had my TLX in yesterday to get my winter tires replaced with summer tires (Hourra) at my dealer. At the same time I ask the service manager to have a look at my left hand side Blind Spot detector as it kept coming on for no apparent reason other than going by lamp posts or safety rail...!
Picked the car tonight and inquired if they had found any issue with thw sensor and she said yes. The fix was in TBS J-22-14 which is an update for the dashboard, PCM reinitialization and idle learning procedure (sorry I am trying to translate this from French as best as I can).

Leaving the garage I can say that the BSD issue seems to be fixed and I also noticed that the auto engine shutoff would not engage as it would have before with the old software (outside temp was just a few degrees above freezing) I sure hope they put a temperature threshold of several degrees above freezing before the auto shut off engages. It was extremely annoying to have the engine shut off at at a red light for only 5 sec to restart because the outside temp was at -20.

I have not notice anything else so far but it was just a short drive from the dealer back home. I'll keep you posted if I noticed anything else in the short term.

;)
Can you find a PDF describing this TSB?

It's odd that this naming convention does not follow the typical year-incident format.

I cannot find any mention of this TSB on other sites or within a Google search. It would be nice to add the PDF to our library.

Thanks for any additional info.

#89 ·
Thanks for the explanation. That's what I needed.

So I guess there is no way to find out about them except by word of mouth?

Guess I need a section for Canadian Word-of-mouth recalls and TSBs? :)

It would be nice to validate and/or see what the TSB entails. Even if there is a copy of the work order.

Seems anyone with ill will can create their own TSBs and we have no way to verify them. Oh well. What can we do?

Anyone have any other Canadian WOM recalls or TSBs? :D

#90 ·
I'm sure actual Canadian recalls would be easy enough to find. The TSBs on the other hand are like the Caramilk secret. I think the only way to get them here in Canada would be to either have someone on the inside who is willing to share or just post them when one is addressed by the dealer.

Having a list of U.S. TSBs may be helpful when going to the dealer even if it's only a documented issue for a specific problem.

#91 · (Edited)
#93 ·
Where do the US based TSB's come from? The CDN ones are typically not available to the public unless you use the paid service site that I had briefly posted a few days ago.

If I recall, there were only 3 or 4 anyway. Not nearly as many as the US has.

#94 ·
It is really quite a mystery why the US TSB's are not released and made available in Canada. Yes, I know that there are some build/option differences but it would seem that many of the fixes should be applicable to the Canadian model. Maybe the software/firmware related items needs special QA as it applies to the Canadian version and with sales only being 10% of the US it cannot be cost justified.

#96 ·
TSB 15-017 - AcuraLink System Status Indicator Is Red and DTC B1403 Will Not Clear

TSB 15-017 - AcuraLink System Status Indicator Is Red and DTC B1403 Will Not Clear
Applies To: 2015 TLX - 2WD L4 with navigation - From VIN 19UUB1...FA000001 thru 19UUB1...FA007105
2015 TLX - 2WD V6 with navigation - From VIN 19UUB2...FA000001 thru 19UUB2...FA009308
2015 TLX - SH-AWD V6 with navigation - From VIN 19UUB3...FA000001 thru 19UUB3...FA001517
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B15-017.PDF

#101 ·
Asb-e-3-15

Hi Guys,

It looks like that Acura Canada has published an equivalent bulletin to the US one named as TSB 15-021, the ASB-E-3-15.

My 2.4 TLX has been updated today to ASB-E-3-15, I presented the TSB 15-021 to my Acura's mechanics and he confirmed me that Acura Canada has published an equivalent one two weeks ago. He applied it on my TLX today.

I will giva you update you on the behavior of my TLX over the next few days.

Stay tuned.

:)

#102 ·
Hi Guys,

It looks like that Acura Canada has published an equivalent bulletin to the US one named as TSB 15-021, the ASB-E-3-15.

My 2.4 TLX has been updated today to ASB-E-3-15, I presented the TSB 15-021 to my Acura's mechanics and he confirmed me that Acura Canada has published an equivalent one two weeks ago. He applied it on my TLX today.

I will giva you update you on the behavior of my TLX over the next few days.

Stay tuned.

:)
Thanks @demercie ,

I added this info to the List of CDN TSBs -> http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/88697-post1.html

I gather this is just for the I4s if it mirrors the US version of the TSB?

#108 ·
TSB 15-038 - Hesitation, Surge, High Idle, or Auto Idle Stop Does Not Work

TSB 15-038 - Hesitation, Surge, High Idle, or Auto Idle Stop Does Not Work
Applies To: 2015 TLX - V6 with A/T - ALL
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B15-038.PDF

Found this posted today with today's date.

This applies to all TLXs with V6.

#111 ·
HUGE , gigantic let down. I drove to my Acura dealership, and spoke with my service manager. This "new" TSB is apparently the same update that was applied to most of our TLXs months ago. She told me it is no different, and she refused to hook my car up for the update. Please let me know if any of you have this same response.

#113 ·
My service adviser emailed me, and told me to come back. Brought my TLX in this morning. Took an hour to verify the updates, apply what needed to be applied, and to do the relearn.

The interesting thing about this, from what I learned, was this was not necessarily an update to the transmission (compared to what I had before). This seems to be an update to how the car responds to the idle-learn or relearn process. This hopefully affects how the car keeps shifting correctly, instead of reverting back after a time (as many of us experienced.)

I am going to be quiet about any updates for a bit, and test this for a while.

#114 ·
Glad you got the update. Did they give you any tips on how to drive the car in the next xxx miles, nnn days?
What is your driving style?
Long/short trips?
Heavy/light pedal?
IDS mode?
Gas Octane?
Recent MPG/MPH data?
Ambient temps?

Sorry, it's the engineer in me!!!

#115 ·
They gave me no tips, but I remember reading that after a relearn, it is recommended to drive with different styles for a bit.
I am normally reserved with my driving during my commute (due to traffic) and more aggressive after work and on weekends. >:D
My commute is 10 miles each way daily, and I put maybe 20 miles on each weekend.
Light on pedal in rush hour, heavier afterhours.
IDS is between Normal and Sport. I used to only switch when my car would misbehave (tranny) and I think I got a placebo effect from switching drive modes.
I use 93 octane.
Avg 25 MPG (due to mainly city driving). MPH varies depending on traffic.
Austin TX, so temps have been upper 90's and lower 100's lately.
Inside the TLX, temperatures reach those similar to the surface of the Sun. Thank goodness for remote start (when I remember to use it.)

#122 ·
Thanks for the update Wes. During the learning process, are you using different IDS settings? When they applied the 06/15 TCM update to my car, I followed someone's advice to drive the car in econ and normal IDS a bunch while it was learning. I now have a couple hundred miles after the update and have been using sport mode and it definitely is shifting better, but similar to your experience, not always consistent. The strange thing is to me is seems to now drive smoother in sport mode than econ or normal...go figure.

#123 ·
I did drive in all different drive modes for the first few days. Sport mode did surprise me too. That was where a few of the ghost shifts were (didn't feel them one bit). Now, sport has started to be slightly jerky. I tend to stay in Normal.

I can't handle the crazy downshifts in Sport + mode. I feel like I am constantly changing brake pressure to account for the wackiness when coming to a stop. It feels unsafe to me.

I am hoping the car is continuing to learn. This afternoon, I had another very smooth shift. I tried to repeat it at the next stop light, and it decided to hesitate and jerk. This confuses me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.