LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 04-04-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Vibration is back

Hello everyone. I need some advice on an issue I'm having with my TLX. I noticed the highway vibration shortly after buying it. I took it in and the dealer performed the only applicable tsb. This seemed to help, but the vibration was still there around 70 mph. I've switched from the OE goodyears to Michelin pilot sport a/s 3 plus' and the vibration is no different. They've done a road force balance twice now and the vibration is still there. It's like a completely different car after 70 mph and I can't drive through it, it just vibrates on any road surface until I drop my speed below 70. The dealer keeps telling me it's the tires, but I've run these same tires on another vehicle with no noticeable vibration. One of my passengers said last weekend that she felt like "she was sitting on a vibrator." The dealer keeps saying this is the road surface and that the aggressive tires will cause this but I don't buy it. This is extremely embarrassing and frustrating because I just bought this car 6 months ago and I've had so many issues already. This is my first Acura and I feel like I've made a huge mistake. The vibration is bad enough that it ruins my commute and I can hear a weird humming/wobbling noise whenever it happens. It feels like a suspension component may be broken, but they keep telling me it's normal. What should I do? I don't want to sell the car, as I've only had it a short amount of time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 04-04-2017, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I'm exactly in the same boat as you. Mine is 11 months old now, and I would lose like 20% of car's value by trading it with a different car at the moment.

It seems the TSB related to this issue did nothing to solve the issue, and I too have so many fit and finish issues that I didn't expect from Acura. This is my first Acura as well.

I guess we will need to keep bugging the Acura tech line until they finally releases a better TSB that actually solves the problem. But by looking at vibration at 70mph related complaints from the past Acura models, we may be stuck with this issue.
post #3 of 37 Old 04-04-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I just spoke with my advisor at pohanka Acura and asked if they had inspected any other items on the car (like suspension components) since the TSB's did nothing to resolve it and I was informed that that would take too much time and is too in depth for them to do at this time? WTF do they need a TSB to diagnose a problem? I don't understand why they refuse to look into other possible causes of this vibration. I'm getting really frustrated about this. Ford techs would've found the issue and fixed it by now, why can't Acura?

post #4 of 37 Old 04-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScarbro90 View Post
I just spoke with my advisor at pohanka Acura and asked if they had inspected any other items on the car (like suspension components) since the TSB's did nothing to resolve it and I was informed that that would take too much time and is too in depth for them to do at this time? WTF do they need a TSB to diagnose a problem? I don't understand why they refuse to look into other possible causes of this vibration. I'm getting really frustrated about this. Ford techs would've found the issue and fixed it by now, why can't Acura?

Is there another dealer you could try? Contacting Acura US may be another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 MDX SH-AWD, Modern Steel Metallic, Ebony Interior, Navi
post #5 of 37 Old 04-04-2017, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
There is, and I think I'll go to them next time, it's only 20 minutes further from my normal dealer. I'm going to speak with client relations first (again) about the issue. Just irks me when they minimize the complaint and act like it's normal instead of trying to resolve the issue.
andre12dbsi likes this.
post #6 of 37 Old 04-04-2017, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about your vibration issue, but a lot of us have it and unfortunately, it never goes away 100%, because Acura has no idea what is causing it. Tires, drive shaft, motor brackets, etc, any and possibly a multiple of issues are causing it.
post #7 of 37 Old 04-04-2017, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Took mine in today (for the 4th time) for the vibration issue. Got the TSB J 12-16 service under warranty. From the brief drive home, car is smooth up to 115kmh but I still felt the vibration at 120. Will test for longer tomorrow. Will also test different tire pressures. Still have the crappy OEM Goodyears.
post #8 of 37 Old 04-05-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Keep the goodyears until you sort the vibration out. They've tried each time to blame my tires until they realize that they installed them
post #9 of 37 Old 04-05-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
It just sucks. I switched to Acura from owning Fords for the last 9 years because their service started to slip and I wasn't happy about it. At least at Ford, when there was an issue with my car, they would attempt to diagnose it, with or without a TSB. It's just lazy, if you ask me, that they need a TSB or some blatantly obvious choice to fix something. And if the issue persists it's "operating as designed."
post #10 of 37 Old 04-05-2017, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
The best thing we can do is to take to their social media pages. Comment on Acura's Facebook and twitter posts about how unsatisfied we are. That's how they finally fixed my trans that was "shifting within specification." Let potential buyers know just how terrible they've been to deal with. Just my .02
slimm and rlfd16 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page