3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Idle Stop - and disabling it

Looking over several forums even those outside Acura to see what can be done to disable the idle stop function. One solution I saw ( WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND ) was to remove the fuse for the idle stop function. Although that did make me curious to check if there is such a fuse - and looking at the manuals there are two fuses labeled as such - both 30-AMP fuses. Not sure why two fuses for one function - unless they have one before going to the switch in center console and one going to the sensors on when it should be engaged.

I am not sure what would happen if you removed them ? Disable Auto Stop - Disable car ? or something else ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Retired Moderator

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles3ct View Post
Looking over several forums even those outside Acura to see what can be done to disable the idle stop function. One solution I saw ( WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND ) was to remove the fuse for the idle stop function. Although that did make me curious to check if there is such a fuse - and looking at the manuals there are two fuses labeled as such - both 30-AMP fuses. Not sure why two fuses for one function - unless they have one before going to the switch in center console and one going to the sensors on when it should be engaged.

I am not sure what would happen if you removed them ? Disable Auto Stop - Disable car ? or something else ?
I would think you could disable it somewhere in the car. Maybe ask the dealer and tell them you don't want it on.

I have the I4 so I can't help you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 TLX 2.4 Tech - Slate Silver Metallic
post #3 of 14 Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
One option would be to deactivate the Auto idle using the button behind the parking brake...the only thing it only works until you stop the engine because when you restart it it reverts to Auto idle enable. I wish they had allowed this feature to be disable from the setup menu. By the way I also notice that you can start the engine not only by slightly releasing the brake (as is documented) but also by slightly turning the steering wheel in either direction (not documented).

Last edited by McVStar; 10-27-2014 at 08:54 PM.

post #4 of 14 Old 10-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Garage
I got this out of the owners manual. It talks about different scenarios as to when it won't activate and when the engine restarts.

2017 MDX SH-AWD, Modern Steel Metallic, Ebony Interior, Navi
post #5 of 14 Old 10-27-2014, 10:12 PM
Retired Moderator

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12dbsi View Post
I got this out of the owners manual. It talks about different scenarios as to when it won't activate and when the engine restarts.
Wow! That is a wild feature to read about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 TLX 2.4 Tech - Slate Silver Metallic
post #6 of 14 Old 12-13-2015, 11:44 PM
HHH

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I find it annoying as ****, have now settled into a routine of disabling it everytime I release parking brake to drive the car! I even asked the AcuraLink guys about it and they said it can't be disabled. Maybe in a software patch down the road?
post #7 of 14 Old 12-14-2015, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
I admit for myself its a love hate relationship... but is you are already releasing the brake not so bad to slide your finger down a bit to press the idle stop, no?
MTD likes this.

2015 TLX SH-AWD Advance Graphite
post #8 of 14 Old 12-14-2015, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I got used to the idle engine shut off. In the past two weeks it has not been working. Could it be that my battery is already loosing power and will not support the shut off?
post #9 of 14 Old 12-14-2015, 11:53 AM
MTD

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
There is a whole list of things posted above of circumstances that it won't work.
post #10 of 14 Old 12-14-2015, 12:14 PM
JT3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjf1967 View Post
I got used to the idle engine shut off. In the past two weeks it has not been working. Could it be that my battery is already loosing power and will not support the shut off?
Are you sure that your defroster isn't on? AIS won't engage if your windshield defroster is on. I'm pretty sure that includes the "Defrost and Floor" vent mode, which is pretty common in cooler temperatures when your climate control is set to "Auto."
chapel1 likes this.

2015 TLX SH-AWD Advanced
Black Copper Pearl / Espresso
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page