16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 09-02-2015, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
IDS Mode

It has been over 3 months since I got my TLX(i4) and experimented all 4 IDS modes. Except throttle response, I really did not notice much difference in Steering response, cabin noise levels in different IDS modes.

What do you think? Do you feel the same or did you experience anything different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 09-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Garage
The major differences I have found with the different IDS modes is throttle response as you said but also the shift points. Maybe with the 4 you don't notice it as much but with the 6 it is very noticeable.
ugpo and lthagod like this.

2017 MDX SH-AWD, Modern Steel Metallic, Ebony Interior, Navi
post #3 of 25 Old 09-02-2015, 05:12 PM
mk5

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
In addition to what andre12dbsi said, steering feels tighter in Sport mode.

Also, the Active Noise Cancellation is disabled in Sport/Sport+ modes. Like you, I can't tell a discernible difference in the cabin noise in any mode; pretty quiet all around, for the most part.
ugpo and gary325 like this.

post #4 of 25 Old 09-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Retired Moderator

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Garage
Definitely feels more responsive in Sports mode. In the nearly 12 months that I have had the car, I have been solely in Sports mode for the last 8 months.

Still a thrill to drive.
Wade and gary325 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 TLX 2.4 Tech - Slate Silver Metallic
post #5 of 25 Old 09-03-2015, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
To help tame my driving when with my wife I drive in econo , fortunately she is not driving with me too often. Normally I'm in Normal mode as I find it peppy enough esp. with paddle shifters.

2015 TLX SH-AWD Advance Graphite
post #6 of 25 Old 09-03-2015, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Garage
I've dabbled in each of the modes (except Sport+)
I prefer Sport.
Cabin noise does not seem to change (as mentioned by @mk5).

I've stopped looking at the MPG in the MID and now keep it on Compass.

I do like the steering while in Sport, but really have not pushed it in the other modes, so difficult to assess any changes with regard to steering.
Summest likes this.

Proud owner of a 2015 TLX 3.5 P-AWS Graphite Luster Metallic/Ebony with Advance Package (5/2015)
Opti-Coat Pro (6/2015), Acura F/R Splash guards (6/2015), Acura Trunk Liner (10/2015), WeatherTech F/R FloorLiner (11/2015)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 25 Old 09-03-2015, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
Eco is a race to see how quick it can shift to the highest appropriate gear. It also reduces effort to the steering and reduces effectiveness of the gas pedal. Once more thing of note is that it knocks the effectiveness of the AC some. Especially at idle. I totally dislike this mode.

Normal is acceptable since it feels more normal. Less artificial.

Sport and Sport + tighten up the steering, increases the alertness to the gas pedal and shift points and is supposed to increase the PAWS affect. Dunno. I can't tell the difference there. I've also heard that there is a decibel increase of the I4 engine note. I think I can tell the difference. I think. Love Sport. I don't mess with Sport + much unless I have a "purpose" that I can fill by using it. Like driving too fast through a back-road or passing someone in haste.

2015 TLX Tech I4 and it's RED.
post #8 of 25 Old 09-03-2015, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ids

I have owned the I4 with tech package since Nov. 2014. I have tried the "normal" mode a couple of times but only the "Sport" mode is responsive and powerful enough for my taste. Therefore, I only drive in Sport mode. I am averaging about 30 MPG so I will not change to any other driving mode.
Summest likes this.
post #9 of 25 Old 09-03-2015, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
this is what happened to me in econ mode...

Last week I decided to drive on highway instead of local roads to my work. This time I wanted to try econ mode. I switched the mode to econ well before highway ramp and started driving. Then I realized what an idiot iam deciding to use econ while entering highway. While on the on ramp, I pushed the gas pedal normally, no pickup, I pushed more no luck. For few seconds, I was terrified thinking what if someone rearends me or get into a crash . Then I finally decided to floor it, that's when TLX wokeup and picked speed.

Fortunately nothing bad happened, learnt it the hard way though. Going forward, I will not use Econ unless I am at a cruising speed on a long drive.
post #10 of 25 Old 09-03-2015, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
I have heard reports of hesitation with the V6, but I have not experienced this with my TLX after 367 days of ownership. A lot of my limited driving has been in Econ mode. Even in Econ mode a solid push on the accelerator and away it goes. I can even spin the wheels (with the poor grip OEM tires) from a standing start in Econ mode.

In some respects it seems I got a different car from many others.
lthagod likes this.

V6 Elite PAWS - BCP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page