post #1 of 8 Old 04-17-2017, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
CJN

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Acura TLX Base i4 - After Market Audio Issues

Hey Everyone,

Brand new to the boards here and I cannot for the life of me find answers to a couple of audio issues I am having after having 1300watt Amp plus two 12" subs, four 6.5 inch speakers, and a 6 channel amp installed. Additionally, they had to install a signal converter.

I also just wanted to document the problems I am having
and I will post the solutions if we find them since I am sure there are plenty of you out their who will or have run into these issue.

I am going back to the shop tomorrow where the installer will try and fix the issues. Here are some of the issues the audio shop can't figure out and I hoping someone can help here:

1. Speaker Hissing/White Noise
There is a constant hissing coming from my speakers even with the radio/audio powered off. The only way it stops is if the car is completely off, it is an aweful frequency and very fatiguing on the ears. I am reading that it may be a grounding problem or an issue with the factory amp (which has been compelety bypassed on my case) but haven't seen or read anything definitive.

2. Bluetooth/ANC
There are two ANC microphones that need to be disconnected or a terrible humming will come from the subwoofer. The installer was easily able to disconnect the rear ANC microphone no problem. The front ANC microphones wiring is bundled together with the Bluetooth microphones wiring meaning if you unplug the whole wiring bundle you will get disconnect ANC and the Bluetooth microphone. I have read that you can turn off ANC through the settings but it will revert every time your turn your car back on. I am being told that one of the wires is will need to cut from the front bundle but they are not sure which wire it is.

Has anyone else run into any of these issues or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance everyone

Last edited by CJN; 04-17-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-18-2017, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Both issues seem to be related to the active noise cancelling feature.

Even with stock ELS system, I can sometimes hear some weird background noise when the stereo is off. By disconnecting the ANC related mic, you might have caused the system to go crazy and make it work hard.

This thread is old, but it may help your case.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...please-783782/

https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g...ff-anc-918389/
The poster on that forum claims his ANS stays off even with engine restarts. Maybe worth a try for you.

Last edited by imaginationbox; 04-18-2017 at 10:31 AM.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-19-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
This sounds very messy.

i have a system in my 2015 TLX but took the signal from the output of the amp (before the speaker) and using an Audio Control LC2i.
For your setup since you are running a 6-Channel i would go with the LC7i or LC6i as a minimum.

Leave your mics as is and all will work as normal. If you are in the Toronto area I would be more than happy to show you the setup

post #4 of 8 Old 04-19-2017, 11:32 AM

Here are some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subs Closeup.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	18914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Subs Far.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	18922   Click image for larger version

Name:	TLX Clean.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	18930  
post #5 of 8 Old 04-22-2017, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
CJN

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroshan View Post
Here are some pictures
Did you replace the stock speakers as well or just add the subs?

I am having no problem with the subwoofers, just the speakers at this point.

I am running this:https://www.amazon.com/16-LL6A-Memph.../dp/B00WZYL0HG

Under the front seat. I was able to disconnect the ANC module entirely so I don't get that terrible humming when I press the gas. However, I am still getting a very noticeable white noise coming from all my tweeters and I can figure out what it is.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-25-2017, 02:08 PM

I did not replace the factory speakers, i just disconnected the factory sub, using it as an input for the audio control.

I still think you don't need to modify the mics to get the system running. The module your using is an active line level adaptor to my knowledge.
I cant say for sure but I feel this is part of your issue.

The Audio Control and the JL Audio product both seem to work with the mics. When the noise cancellation and the bass roll off occur these devices somehow compensate for it.

Maybe easier to discus via phone if your interested

Where you located?
post #7 of 8 Old 04-26-2017, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I just installed an Audio Control LC2I in my TLX with ELS and have had no issues. Took the signal from the sub right from the wires running into the factory sub. First issue you describe in my experience is usually related to a poor ground. (Not a good spot to ground/too far away/poor connection). The other issue with the humming from the sub: I had an ILX prior to the TLX and had that issue. The installer that did it told me to find my ANC and disconnect it. I did not disconnect my ANC, just turned out that the installer set the level on my amp crossover way too high and as soon as I dropped it down all that humming went away.

2017 TLX 2.4 Tech with Aero Kit - San Marino Red
Southern Alberta
post #8 of 8 Old 04-30-2017, 11:21 PM

Sounds like a ground Issue. Typically a weak ground will cause that. Line out from your speaker wires into the LOC and then into the amp. Question for you? Did you use standard Honda/Acura speaker adapter brackets? Im looking to upgrade my factory speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page