6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 Old 10-10-2016, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Anyone get an Update for the Infotainment System?

Has anyone successfully got an update from Acura for their infotainment system? The last, most updated database version is ST004.03.00X and the firmware is version 4.00.2d09. Mine is one version older and according to my "mini-blog" the new firmware and database on the 16 is a lot more responsive than the one in our TLX. If you managed to get the new software, what did you tell them? It was lagging hard and unresponsive is what I plan on going with, which is partially true. It's stupid slow to respond to my inputs.

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Technology Package in Black Copper Pearl
19,000 km

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 10-10-2016, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
I brought in for some warranty work in the past and mention the sluggishness... no changes. But I have not tried any system updates. Once the "system" is running for 10+ minutes is better but I agree for the first 10 minutes or so its ridiculously slow... even to scrolling the map. Sometimes I let go of the joystick and the map keeps moving catching up with the input for about 20 seconds... its unbelievable.

I the update would help I would do it... does the Acura site call out any system improvements?
andleigh likes this.

2015 TLX SH-AWD Advance Graphite
post #3 of 50 Old 01-09-2017, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Seems like the latest software/nav update is software version 5.00.2d03 & database version ST005.04.00.

Does anyone have any comments about the software? I am mainly interested in any performance improvements with the nav. I don't have a smartphone and rely on the nav, but it is so slow and unusable, I want to punch the monitor sometimes.

post #4 of 50 Old 01-09-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by domahmegok View Post
Seems like the latest software/nav update is software version 5.00.2d03 & database version ST005.04.00.

Does anyone have any comments about the software? I am mainly interested in any performance improvements with the nav. I don't have a smartphone and rely on the nav, but it is so slow and unusable, I want to punch the monitor sometimes.
Some people on Acurazine purchased the update for over $180. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Other manufacturers offer free software upgrades for their infotainment systems. You also can't share the update with anyone else because it's supposedly tied down to the VIN of your car.

19,000 km

post #5 of 50 Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Garage
Here's the link to the site to order the update. It's much cheaper in the US.

http://acuranavi.navigation.com/en_US/AcuraCA/CAD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Bellanova White, Ebony Interior, SH-AWD Tech, Spoiler, Rear Splash Guards, Folding Trunk Tray, 19" Acura Diamond Cut Wheels, 245/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Puddle Light Projectors, LED trunk light.

post #6 of 50 Old 01-09-2017, 11:44 PM
MTD

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
$50K on the car yet a $200 navi update or $60 oil change is a stretch.
post #7 of 50 Old 01-10-2017, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
I would gladly pay that if it improved the Nav/system performance.

2015 TLX SH-AWD Advance Graphite
post #8 of 50 Old 01-10-2017, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Me too!!
The map update, I could live without! I would prefer the ability to do more while driving (or have the passenger do more) with respect to entering in a destination.

Look at the new 2018 Odyssey
Quote:
New Display Audio – featuring a new Honda-developed operating system, more intuitive menus and customizable app tiles, this 8-inch high-resolution (720P) touchscreen interface serves as the nerve center for a multitude of new audio and telematics options, including Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, and adds a physical volume knob for improved usability.
System updates – users can download available updates to the Display Audio operating system and rear entertainment system at their convenience via 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, or USB.
It appears that Honda is listening!

Proud owner of a 2015 TLX 3.5 P-AWS Graphite Luster Metallic/Ebony with Advance Package (5/2015)
Opti-Coat Pro (6/2015), Acura F/R Splash guards (6/2015), Acura Trunk Liner (10/2015), WeatherTech F/R FloorLiner (11/2015)

post #9 of 50 Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
$149 and the disc is out of stock.

2016 Silver TLX 6 Cyl AWS Tech
post #10 of 50 Old 01-10-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
It does. I remember using my car's version 3 and compared to version 4 in the loaner TLX I got, version 4 is much snappier. I wonder if the dealership can provide an update without charging us an arm and leg for it.

To all who are going to order the navigation update, anyone interested in seeing if they can use the same disc on multiple cars? Better than having each of us paying Honda $200+ every time to get that software update. You're only going to use the disc once anyways, then it's junk. Might as well try and reduce the cost among us forum members. Just burn the ISO and try it or something.
MrMoo likes this.

19,000 km

Last edited by geokilla; 01-10-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page