62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 97 Old 09-20-2014, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ELS sound system

Must say I"m very happy with the sound from the Tech audio system.
Very clear for car audio, doesn't break up at volume, and is enjoyable to listen to.
Anyone else have an opinion on this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 Old 09-20-2014, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
no but I am curious! worth the price?
post #3 of 97 Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I thought it was . You will never get "hi-end" sound in a car...just too closed in I think....speakers are right on top of you...but it's clear, plays loud without breaking up, has decent bass, all in all a good system I'd say...of course, I"m coming from an Accord EX-L 07...that thing has a turntable!!!))
Not great on bumpy roads!!..
ugpo likes this.

post #4 of 97 Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Retired Moderator

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdog View Post
Anyone else have an opinion on this ?
I like the sound as well. The system sounds a lot better since I found the DTS Neural setting and turned it on. I played a couple of CDs in it yesterday and it sounded real good. I probably will listen to XM or audio books most of the time. Pandora sounded good as well.

I haven't listened to FM or AM in years. I was playing around with FM and learned about HD radio. Still like XM.
post #5 of 97 Old 09-21-2014, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Finally got my slate silver tech 2.4 yesterday. I tried out the usb input and it works on a thumb drive. I now have 6 GB of music arranged in folders but have yet to figure out the voice command search. The upper screen shows what playing much better than the lower screen, so I am going to try out my Garmin with lifetime maps mounted on the suction cup mount over the sliding door at the usb port.
post #6 of 97 Old 09-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Retired Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronj View Post
Finally got my slate silver tech 2.4 yesterday. I tried out the usb input and it works on a thumb drive. I now have 6 GB of music arranged in folders but have yet to figure out the voice command search. The upper screen shows what playing much better than the lower screen, so I am going to try out my Garmin with lifetime maps mounted on the suction cup mount over the sliding door at the usb port.
Congratulations! I saw your pictures in your "virtual" garage.

I haven't tried the USB yet.

I am also curious about the HDD but haven't ventured there as well.

Do you need two GPS units with a Tech TLX?
post #7 of 97 Old 09-21-2014, 07:32 PM

Garage
Well, I tried the experiment this afternoon and the Garmin wins hands down. I have a suction cup mount on the wood grain cover for the power and usb connections. the thumb drive on the right and the Garmin power cable on the left with enough space to coil up the cable. The Garmin 1350 LTM picks up the satellite just fine, or in poor reception areas lay it on the dashboard until it locks on and then gets the signals through the moon roof.

Entering the NAVI data to go somewhere or get home is like spelling on an old typesetter in the previous century. A keyboard once appeared on the lower screen briefly, but it is not referenced in any manual and I couldn't make it appear again. I think I will just use the upper screen for music information and occasionally the nice large map for information I'll be using the Garmin to get to a memorial service next weekend.

Has anyone learned to use the voice recognition to navigate?
post #8 of 97 Old 09-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Retired Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronj View Post
Has anyone learned to use the voice recognition to navigate?
I got voice recognition to work after some practice. It's not intuitive. To find the restaurant I wanted I had to go through the prompts. I hope there is a better way, but I am still learning.

The Garmin is much easier to use. I use it when I travel. Excellent GPS in the US and Canada.
aronj likes this.
post #9 of 97 Old 09-22-2014, 08:15 PM

Garage
Spent some additional time on voice recognition and managed to enter my home location verbally. Set up "go home" which worked coming back from the dealer's location. Some tasks still require use of that painful speller on the center console

I printed out the eight pages of recognized voice commands from pages 312-319 of the Navigation Manual available only from the CD that comes with the vehicle. These were placed in transparent slip cases which can be stored below my seat for use while standing still. Hope to eventually replace my Garmin as the primary navigation guidance.
Summest likes this.
post #10 of 97 Old 05-04-2015, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The worst sounding auto stereo system I've head to date. The sound is not much different from what comes out of a 50" flat panel HDTV. Elliot Scheiner is deaf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page