Vibration above 110KM/h - Acura TLX Forum
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 91 Old 10-25-2015, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Vibration above 110KM/h

Hi guys, I am new to TLX Forums just picked up my V6 Tech AWD on Friday, I took it on the highway last night and above 110KM I felt a slight vibration as speeds went up, I was in ECO mode on the highway I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?


I also noticed my speakers rattling at higher volumes, if anyone has any information on this issue as well it would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks,


I apologize I have not yet introduced myself on the forum I will do so ASAP once I get my camera out for some shots of the car
hondamike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 91 Old 10-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator


 
andre12dbsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Gatineau, QC Canada
Posts: 4,278
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Garage
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your pictures.

As far as the issues that you're experiencing, you aren't alone. Others have had the same issue. Try a search for either and you'll see a few threads such as these.

Vibrations - Small Vibrations

Speaker rattle - ANC issue

2017 MDX SH-AWD, Modern Steel Metallic, Ebony Interior, Navi
andre12dbsi is online now  
post #3 of 91 Old 10-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I think it's the VCM working. I have the same vibration at highway speeds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Acura TLX SH-Awd Elite
2012 Acura TL Elite (Sold)
VTECMAN is online now  
 
post #4 of 91 Old 10-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Flexin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
OP touched my bum. true story.

lol wuddup homie.
Flexin5 is offline  
post #5 of 91 Old 10-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Senior Member
 
BlackBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Caledon, Canada
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Last night I caught myself at a speed I shouldn't have been just because I couldn't tell, that's how smoothly my car drives.

I guess I lucked out.

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite 3M Tinted
2013 Acura ZDX (SOLD)
2011 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech Package Aero Kit (SOLD)
2010 Toyota Venza V6 (SOLD)
2007 Honda Civic (SOLD)
BlackBeauty is offline  
post #6 of 91 Old 10-31-2015, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeauty View Post
Last night I caught myself at a speed I shouldn't have been just because I couldn't tell, that's how smoothly my car drives.

I guess I lucked out.

I took it back they ended up balancing the wheels, everything is bueno ! car is amazingly smooth ! but still have speaker rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin5 View Post
OP touched my bum. true story.

lol wuddup homie.

u wish guy, I told u 150.00 a touch not even a grab
hondamike is offline  
post #7 of 91 Old 10-31-2015, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
BlackBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Caledon, Canada
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamike View Post
I took it back they ended up balancing the wheels, everything is bueno ! car is amazingly smooth ! but still have speaker rattle




u wish guy, I told u 150.00 a touch not even a grab
No squeaks or rattles either.
Knock on wood.

2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite 3M Tinted
2013 Acura ZDX (SOLD)
2011 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech Package Aero Kit (SOLD)
2010 Toyota Venza V6 (SOLD)
2007 Honda Civic (SOLD)
BlackBeauty is offline  
post #8 of 91 Old 11-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Member
 
Garegin Ordyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
I have been feeling a little bit of vibration around 60 - 70 mph, during cruising (no gasing, low RPMs) and it was annoying me as my '13 passat did not have this at all. Some consider it normal operation, but it was annoying me because it's a brand new luxury car and it should have 0 vibration at least for a few dozen K miles.

Anyway, I took it to the dealership today (based on the suggestion above) and described the issue. They said they would take care of it. Called me back in a few hours claiming that "they do not feel the vibration and could not recreate it". Well - I know it's there, it's not huge but I'm not the only one who feels it in my car so it is there. I told them that I feel it and I want the tires balanced in case that is the issue, they agreed to do it.

I guess I'll find out tonight!

Maybe during my next service I'll have them update the software so I can get rid of the 2-3 shift jerk, read this earlier today in the forum!
Garegin Ordyan is offline  
post #9 of 91 Old 11-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator


 
andre12dbsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Gatineau, QC Canada
Posts: 4,278
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garegin Ordyan View Post
I have been feeling a little bit of vibration around 60 - 70 mph, during cruising (no gasing, low RPMs) and it was annoying me as my '13 passat did not have this at all. Some consider it normal operation, but it was annoying me because it's a brand new luxury car and it should have 0 vibration at least for a few dozen K miles.

Anyway, I took it to the dealership today (based on the suggestion above) and described the issue. They said they would take care of it. Called me back in a few hours claiming that "they do not feel the vibration and could not recreate it". Well - I know it's there, it's not huge but I'm not the only one who feels it in my car so it is there. I told them that I feel it and I want the tires balanced in case that is the issue, they agreed to do it.

I guess I'll find out tonight!

Maybe during my next service I'll have them update the software so I can get rid of the 2-3 shift jerk, read this earlier today in the forum!
Have a look at this thread. There is an explanation of the VCM system that may be what you're experiencing.

Small Vibrations

2017 MDX SH-AWD, Modern Steel Metallic, Ebony Interior, Navi
andre12dbsi is online now  
post #10 of 91 Old 11-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Member
 
Garegin Ordyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12dbsi View Post
Have a look at this thread. There is an explanation of the VCM system that may be what you're experiencing.

Small Vibrations
Very interesting, that would make sense. I wonder if there is a way to turn it off, perhaps going 90 or 100 mph just to check if that's the issue. It's pretty annoying for someone who is kind of OCD haha! Does anyone know if VCM operates on all modes? Sport +?
Garegin Ordyan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome