post #1 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
2018 TLX Pictures

I came across this article on Car and Driver.

I'm not sure how I feel about the front end. I'm sure it will grow on me. I do like the rear with the exhaust outlets.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...ture-cars-news

2017 MDX SH-AWD, Modern Steel Metallic, Ebony Interior, Navi

Last edited by andre12dbsi; 01-24-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Maybe I'll need to see the real thing to appreciate the front, but I really don't like what I see from these pictures.
post #3 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I agree with the front end, it looks ok BUT the lines that are the headlights and grille stop with the headlight and keep going with the grille making the grille look bigger and the headlights tiny, make the grille smaller and stop the lines with the headlights. Also the fog lights are huge circles now? I was excited for the 3 mini LEDs in the mock ups. The back end has a LED brake like spoiler now and is a mess with the chrome accents, the squarish exhaust looks good. Feels like a couple good moves in the right direction that are poorly executed or clash with the other nice looking ideas for the design. Nice car but does not make me envious when I have a 15' TLX, got the spoiler on, splash guards, lights installed, just some power coated VRM wheels then I'm done with it.
e90 Skye likes this.

2015 Acura TLX Tech.

post #4 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Agree completely. Although I bet in person that new grille and lights will look good. But those lower chrome accents look really bad to me... just don't go with the car at all... the whole lower part of the front bumper doesn't look great, i'd have liked that front grille with the current lower valence of the front bumper. The "type S" version looks to hide a lot of that with black trim molding and some unique front and rear bumpers, so thats a cool sign, plus those wheels look really good (looks like 19s)! Disappointed the 4 cylinder is sticking with the current style wheels (or at least similar 17"... the Accord Sport now has 19s, this thing should at least come with 18s fill in these massive wheel wells), it is easily the least favorite thing about my car (2015 2.4 tech).

square exhaust tips look pretty good, as does the big round tips in the "type S" model. It looks like the red TLX pictured is the V6 non S, as the wheels are different and it has a subtle trunk mounted lip spoiler. also interesting hood sculpting, curious to see it in person for sure! Either way looks like the car is getting a little bit more aggressive looking (unfortunately not always implemented well)

BWP/Espresso 2.4 Tech
post #5 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Definitely don't like the size of the "A" in the front, why are cars going forward with making such large emblems?
post #6 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Disappointed... The blue one with all the masking on it in the other posts gave me hope but these do not look good imo. Only thing I like is the diffuser and exposed exhausts tips on the "type-s" version.
post #7 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 10:31 PM
MTD

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
I dunno, I kinda like it lol. But, Im also a '17 MDX owner so Im used to it.

Those pics arent that great and dont show a profile at all, so I'll pass judgement until I see some better pics. Looks like there is LED strips for the signals and running lights like the MDX/RDX. If they maybe add a sport model and sort out the tranny and driving dynalics, I can get past the big grill and logo.
andre12dbsi likes this.
post #8 of 44 Old 01-24-2017, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
I am so conflicted right now......

it looks like they jammed a MDX grill, TLX bumper, and the lower part of a ILX all together and came up with that. i like the rear bumper, and somehow i don't think they will be coming out with a OEM kit either. It definatly needs rims and a drop.

Last edited by Flexin5; 01-24-2017 at 10:57 PM.
post #9 of 44 Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I think we knew the grill that's on the MDX was coming. Even on the MDX though, I found the Acura emblem to be very big. I'm sure we'll get used to it over time. I'll reserve judgement until the car is unveiled at whichever auto show. Sometimes pictures like that can be deceiving. At that point maybe we'll prefer to complain about what is inside opposed to the looks.

2017 MDX SH-AWD, Modern Steel Metallic, Ebony Interior, Navi
post #10 of 44 Old 01-25-2017, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Garage
I am not a designer, but as an engineer and seeing the trend of all car makers to get a common look for their car line, your mash up points in that direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin5 View Post
...it looks like they jammed a MDX grill, TLX bumper, and the lower part of a ILX all together and came up with that...
Not to make a comparison, look at the Impala/Malibu/Cruze/and the smaller Chevy variants. The front clip has morphed to be brand signature.
Over at VTEC/AZ, they bashed it and now here too. I was excited when I saw it. To see the evolution from the beak to the Precision Concept, it is the same evolution that Ford, Chevy, Mazda, ... has gone through. Mercedes Benz and BMW, just to name a few, have kept their signature grill, with minor variants throughout the years.
Once I sit in my TLX, I really don't care what the grill looks like, I enjoy the tech, the quiet ride and the fact that I do not have to be at the service department once a month!
Looking forward to see the Hybrid!
MTD likes this.

Proud owner of a 2015 TLX 3.5 P-AWS Graphite Luster Metallic/Ebony with Advance Package (5/2015)
Opti-Coat Pro (6/2015), Acura F/R Splash guards (6/2015), Acura Trunk Liner (10/2015), WeatherTech F/R FloorLiner (11/2015)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page